Inspection Report March 2016
We are delighted with our ISI Inspection Report March 2016
- The quality of pupils’ achievements and learning is excellent
All pupils are well educated, fulfilling the school’s aim to provide a rich and broad educational experience.
- The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision is excellent
The curriculum supports the school’s aim of enabling all pupils to benefit from a broad curriculum to achieve success.
- The contribution of teaching is excellent
The overall high standard of teaching contributes strongly to the pupils’ excellent levels of achievement and personal development, greatly supporting the school’s aim to educate and nurture the whole child.
- The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is excellent
Pupils constantly strive to live by the school virtues which they have agreed to in order to create a caring, responsible and successful community. They are well prepared for the next stage of their education, with an excellent standard of personal development
- The contribution of arrangements for pastoral care is excellent
EYFS children form extremely positive relationships with the older pupils. Year 6 monitors visit the EYFS children daily in order to help with activities such as snack time and reading. Each week after swimming, the Nursery and Reception children pair up with Year 6 pupils for the coach journey. These links contribute strongly to the warm and friendly pastoral care provided in the EYFS.
- The contribution of arrangements for welfare, health and safety are excellent
The school’s health and safety committee take seriously their responsibility to ensure that statutory and regulatory requirements are met with delay, including appropriate provision for children’s welfare in the EFYS and for those pupils with SEND.
- The quality of governance is excellent
Governors work very closely with the school’s leadership in order to implement a shared vision and ethos underpinned by the school’s aims and virtues.
- The overall quality of leadership and management, including links with parents and guardians is excellent.
The senior leadership team work effectively together to ensure that the school adheres to its community and caring ethos, and its aim of creating an evolving, exciting, dynamic, nurturing, successful and forward-thinking community. Vales which encourage response for others and democracy are clearly evident.